Jadiz is a Crafting Mineral that can be usually found buried. It can also be stored on the Personal Inventory and Team Depository. It can be bought on the Mineral Trade Terminal for 150 Credits, chunks of it can be acquired (only on Crystalline Caverns, Fungus Bogs and Hollow Bough) via Huuli Hoarders, Cargo Crates or near Lost Packs.
Jadiz is a heavy object and must be picked up and carried by hand, or via Bosco. When carrying it, a dwarf cannot do anything but throw flares/throwables, ride ziplines, and move with a 25% speed penalty (Sprinting is also disabled). It can be dropped by switching weapons or using the Laser Pointer, it can also be thrown far away by holding the [FIRE] key ("Left Mouse Click" by default) before releasing it.
Jadiz takes the form of a large, green glowing crystal which must be picked up and deposited similar to other resources hidden in the walls.
Jadiz use the same model as Aquarq, Bittergem, and Compressed Gold. Jadiz chunks use the same model as Bismor , Croppa , Enor Pearl, Nitra, Umanite, and Hollomite.
Marking their location are smaller green crystals dotting the walls in the area.
Jadiz is common in the Crystalline Caverns and Hollow Bough, and scarce in the Fungus Bogs. It cannot be found anywhere else.
The number of Jadiz spawned in a mission is calculated using 2 values:
- Biome range: for Jadiz, Abudant biomes have a value of 2 to 3, and Scarce biomes have a value of 1 (including decimals)
- Mission Scale: each mission type have a different value (see table)
the final value is calculated with the following formula:
Biome range x Mission Scale
ending in 0.5 or higher will round it up, otherwise it rounds down.
- Cave generation might affect spawn in rare cases. Escort Duty generation always drastically reduce the number spawned.
Each deposited Jadiz can give between 10-18 units when deposited.
- Jadiz is likely named after Jade, a green, ornamental mineral.
- In the closed alpha before Crafting Materials were required for upgrades, Jadiz acted similarly to Compressed Gold providing players with credits.
- Similar to Aquarq, Jadiz was given a humming sound in Update 33: New Frontiers.