Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is up to date for Season 03: Plaguefall
Beast Master is one of the 23 available perks that currently exist in Deep Rock Galactic. It can be unlocked on the sixth row of perks and there are 4 tiers; each tier requiring 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 perk points respectively for a total of 24.
|Icon||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Description|
|Tamed Grunts deal 0 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 100 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 200 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 300 % more damage||Active: Charm a Glyphid Grunt to become your loyal companion. You can only have one tamed Grunt at a time.|
(5 minute cooldown)
- It takes 0.75s to tame a Grunt.
- Taming a Grunt fully heals them. However, it does not restore any broken armor.
- It's possible to tame a Glyphid Grunt, Glyphid Grunt Slasher, or Glyphid Grunt Guard (but not their Ebonite, Elite, or Rockpox-Infested variants).
- The tamed Grunt will always have the suffix (Steeve) [sic]. It will also be surrounded with a neon blue glow to help identify Steeve in the darkness and distinguish him from untamed Grunts.
- Steeve takes 2% friendly fire damage and isn’t affected by Sticky Flames from the Driller's CRSPR Flamethrower. He is still vulnerable to weakspot damage bonuses and armor breaking from the Dwarves.
- Steeve is affected by Mission Mutators, notably regenerating health with Regenerative Bugs, spawning a Parasite upon death with Parasites, and gaining bonus damage with Lethal Enemies.
- Tamed Glyphids freeze half as fast and unfreeze twice as fast as untamed Glyphids.
- There is no way to control the Grunt beyond the initial taming.
- Steeve has no target prioritization capability, nor survival instincts, being ignorant to any potential danger.
- In addition to the 5 minute cooldown applied when you tame a glyphid, there is an unmentioned 20 second cooldown when your current Tamed Glyphid dies before you can tame another one (even though the perk's cooldown icon does not indicate it).
- Players can pet Steeve by using the [USE] ("E" by default) key.
- Despite being friendly, using the Laser Pointer on Steeve will still prompt your dwarf to call for violence towards them